Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pickups and Puppies

So, anyone who knows my daugther knows that she is beyond a prissy girly, girl. There is no hiding it. She loves her nails painted and loves wearing dresses. So, imagine my surprise when she found such great joy in working with Robert on his pickup this weekend. Since many of you do not know I have to tell you that this is a mostly 1978 (some parts are from other random years) Ford pickup. Paityn says that it reminds her of a dark baby blue. This is Roberts hobby. Working and reworking on this pickup is something that he loves to do in his spare time. Well, last weekend I cleaned the rear end housing. Now, remember that although I grew up with a mechanic grandfather and a father who might as well have been a mechanic I know very little about the actual parts. I can change my oil if I have to and I know how to change filters and fluids when appropriate. I LOVED being able to sit myself upright under the pickup and actually do something.



Rear Axel Housing that I cleaned!
As much as I enjoyed this I never thought that Paityn would want to get her prissy hands dirty and take part in this at all. It turns out that she discovered how to pretend drive the pickup and made several trips to the store for lemon cake. Robert and I laughed that if her trips were real there would be an abundance of lemon cake around the house. She was so kind as to offer to go for something else for me because she knows I am trying to lose weight. As the day wore on she enjoyed her first ride in the pickup and wouldn't stop asking when they were going back out to work. Even as I type this she is moping around the house because her "work" clothes are in the dryer so she can't work right now.



Paityn driving to go get her Lemon Cake
As I said, with such a girly girl you can imagine my surprise as I walked out to the garage where Robert and Paityn has disappeared only to find my daughter in full protective gear running an electric sander on the side of the pickup. She was enjoying it so much.



Well, today the joy of the day was sitting at the computer as I type now and listen to pure joy and laughter come from the bathroom as Robert and Paityn took on the task of giving Louie a bath. I don't think I have heard so much heart felt laughter in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.