Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Long And Short Of It.....

Ok, so, it is probably absolutely ridiculous to say this but I cried over hair today. Yes, tears due to hair. In the past years I have listened to so many people compliment the beautiful long hair that Paityn had. She has gone to great lengths to convince her Dad and I that it was time to change that and allow her to go short. So, you can imagine my surprise when we finally decided it was time to start letting her be who she wants to be (within reason for an almost 8 year old.) I am guessing you can imagine where this is leading to. Earlier today Paityn Rylee Saldana had 14 inches of her hair cut off. Yes, 14 inches. We were so lucky that she was able to do a "Locks of Love" donation. Locks of Love is an organization who makes wigs for cancer patients out of hair that has been cut. So, I watched as they braided her hair and cut it off. I have to say that although I was not keen to this idea before, it really is adorable on her now. She is SO excited. I can't wait to see what all kinds of fun ways to fix her hair we can come up with now.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

My Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.