Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Survived!!


This past weekend Paityn went on her first camping trip ever. Ok, so Corbin, two girls from the neighborhood and I were also with her. I have to say that again my girly girl impressed me with her ability to do pretty well.

Friday night was an evening that I am not sure how Mom survived. I got off work, came home, picked up dog, crate, 2 kids and filled my car to a point that I didn't know it could be filled. Drove to the camp site, unloaded everything, ate, walked around with kids to set up rules....I know we did more then that but even that makes me tired typing it all. I did discover that my amazingly organized man had a ton done for us when we got there. Tents were set up, chairs set up, food organized, fire wood and necessary things all ready for marshmallows and fun.


Now, Saturday should have been a morning of relaxing and sleeping as late as we could. Instead we were up at 3 am with three girls that decided that was the best time to become social. One of them (not Paityn) was the main instigator. Needless to say the morning was ended with several warnings that if behavior did not improve kids were going home. Even with that they were amazing.

By the time we packed up on Sunday we had sent one child home with her mom (her refusal to listen became a safety hazard), had a hot dog roast with Grandma Kari and Grandpa Ervin, Corbins mom and his nephews, enjoyed water fights and actually had a night of really good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Followers

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.